The Honda Motor Company is a Japanese automobile manufacturing company. They produce motorcycles, automobiles, power equipment, and such. The company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan.
This conglomerate’s foundation was laid in 1948 and has since released a line of vehicles. They make a variety of hatchbacks, Sedans, coupe, station wagons, SUVs, etc. The 1996 Honda Civic Ex, Lx, with the VTEC engine, is a popular line of vehicles launched by the brand.
Ex and Lx – Honda Civic
The 1996 Honda Civic Ex and Lx were sixth-generation Honda sedans. These cars consisted of four-cylinder engines of various, SOHC variations.
- The Civic Ex, Lx came with 1.6L, 16 valve engine.
- They have four-speed automatics and five-speed manuals.
- Their horsepower is 106 HP@ 6200 rpm.
- The vehicles’ average mileage sits at 8.0 in city traffic and 5.8 on a manual highway.
The VTEC engine
It can be said that the sole ownership of the VTEC engine systems is held by Honda. It stands for Variable Valve Timing & Lift Electronic Control system. It was created to better the efficiency of combustion engine types, especially four strokes. The main purpose behind its advent was to help in improving the performance of the engines.
In case you are on the lookout for a 1996 Honda Civic VTEC engine Ex, Lx, for sale – continue reading below to find out all there is to know about these engines.
About and features
The addition of the VTEC technology in these car engines turned them into powerhouses. It essentially raises the bar for the engines a lot by:
- Providing excellent fuel economy to the vehicle.
- In comparison to cars that are charged by turbo, these have an impressive throttle response.
- The VTEC engines are a lot smaller in size, however, they create an enviable amount of power.
- In a 1996 Honda Civic Ex, Lx VTEC engine’s engagement is 5500 rpm.
- It has a compression of 10.4:1
- It has a displacement of 1.6 L 97.3 cu in (1,595 ccs)
Also Check:- Nissan vq35de Engine for Sale